Saturday, December 1, 2007

Snow coming this week?

Sunday afternoon update (12/2)...no significant changes in computer data at this time. There is some divergence amongst the model suite, but that is to be expected with a system like this early in the season. I still believe there's the potential for a bit of snow to fall over parts of Central Virginia on Wednesday. Of course the ground is relatively warm, so don't expect much to stick. Stay tuned...the forecast is on my main site...

A quick update...Saturday afternoon model runs continue to advertise an Alberta Clipper impacting the area Wednesday afternoon and night. Critical values remain crucial to any possibility of snow vs. rain. Significant precipitation with this type of system at this time of the year is somewhat unusual, but it appears we have a shot at seeing some snow, at least across parts of Central Virginia. Get the complete forecast and my soon to be issued winter outlook on my main web site at mike-goldberg.com and stay tuned for further updates...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Please tell me it won't snow on Wednesday or Thursday this week! I have to drive to and from Charlottesville for the last week of classes! (crosses fingers)

CountryInsider said...

Amber,

Right now, any wintry accumulation should remain on the light side. However, Mother Nature may change it's mind, so stay tuned!

My best bet is up to a dusting is possible, with slightly higher amounts north and west of Richmond...especially well Northwest, toward the mountains.

I hope your classes go well.

Denver Murray
Weather Watcher